I’m a firm believer in using raw food to support your body’s natural immunity to flu infections.
This Winter, we took that this philosophy into our corporate cafes: where hundreds of innocent working professionals are not only up against the flu virus itself, but also its trusty accelerator and best mate: the dreaded office aircon!
These little flu-busting shots should seriously be an after-breakfast staple (and certainly an all-natural alternative to the mystery-mix flu injections Big Pharma sells at your local chemist) for any and all who wake up with an ominous tickle in their throat.
Here are 6 reasons why:
- You know and understand the benefits of every single ingredient.
- They are widely known to boost your body’s natural immune system.
- They can be ingested any day, at any time, without any side effects.
- They contain turmeric, which contains curcumin, and, according to a 2009 study, curcumin can “reduce viral replication by over 90 percent in laboratory cells infected with influenza varieties.”
- They also contain cayenne pepper, which stimulates the ‘cooling portion’ of the brain (aka your hypothalamus) – which is fantastic for managing a fever.
- The legend of the cure-all ginger, garlic, and lemon combination actually originates in old German folklore – and I’m totally on board. When used in raw flu shots, these ingredients have a miraculous effect on soothing a scratchy throat.
Keen to make your own raw flu shot?
Pure Good’s got you covered. Here’s the all-natural remedy we’re using to fight the flu, one shot at a time:
1st soak 2 teabags in 100ml hot water with 1 spoon honey.
Put through your juicer
1 thumb Ginger
1 clove Raw Garlic
Add to your juice
1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Tumeric powder
Add the rooibos liquid and mix well.
Store in a bottle and knock back a shot every morning during flu season!