Shoutout to the hangry overworked professionals… dealing with the wild realities of robots stealing jobs or the #futureofwork not being anything like the one your parents prepared you for… we want you to you to know that we’re right here with you, to help with one of the the most important workplace skills, hanger management.
So without further ado, here are 3 ways you can avoid getting, as the kids say these days, hangry.
1. Drink water
According to healthline, “Your brain is strongly influenced by hydration status, and studies show that even mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood, and lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance.”
#PureGood Water drinking tips:
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times to remind you to keep ‘sippin
- Make yourself black herbal teas for some hydration ‘vari-tea’
- Set yourself a goal of drinking between 2-3L per day
2. Eat Breakfast
In a recent Webmd article, Jessica Crandall, a registered dietitian and a spokeswoman for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics said that “when you haven’t had breakfast, you’re more likely to get “hangry,” which can lead you to overeat later in the day or choose unhealthy foods like those doughnuts someone left behind in the break room. The science seems to back her up. In 2017, a review in the journal Circulation found “an abundance of data” to show a link between skipping breakfast and being overweight.”
#PureGood ingredient tips to keep you fuller for longer:
- Protein: Start your day with Eggs, Greek Yoghurt or Nuts
- Healthy Fats: Add some avocado, coconut oil or flax to just about anything
- Fruits/Vegetables: Enjoy freshly squeezed juices or add spinach to your eggs
P.S. Did you catch our recent article on eggs? We compiled a list of four epic ways you can start your day, well, egg-celently.
3. Don’t go through the day without snacks.
We know that right next to just about every desk-bound working professional is a snack drawer of sorts… however we also know that the seriousness of this #snackattack service provider is often something that can, at times, get a little outta control.
#PureGood tips on how to revamp your office snack supply:
- Drawer snacks: Dried fruit, nuts, date balls, rusks, seeds, nut butter, goji berries, DIY Trail Mix
- Fridge snacks: Yoghurt, vegetable crudités, egg cups, avocados, cheese, DIY Hummus mix.
- Snack Timing: Instead of consuming all your snacks at once, try eat them in small amounts.
Forgot your snacks? Luckily for our #PureGood Customers we’re always sure to keep a steady supply of homemade healthy snacks for those mid-morning and afternoon pick me ups, next time you’re around one of our cafe’s why not grab one of our lucky packets.
View this post on Instagram
Need a healthy way to beat the mid-afternoon munchies? These tasty treats will do a fine job! From wheat free yogurt, pecan and cranberry byte bars, to dried mango, date bites, cashews, trail mix, and yogurt cups – we’ve got you covered 🤗💕 #snacks #treatyoself #dates #yogurt #mango #driedfruit #nuts #cashews #almonds #health #healthyfood #healthysnacks #trailmix #puregood #wheatfree #glutenfree
Until next time! #HappySnacking #HangerManagement